Overlooked deductions for school teachers & administrators:
1) classroom supplies (handouts, decorations, student treats & rewards)
2) admin. supplies (calendar, binder)
3) home research supplies (ipad, printer)
4) copying expense (home printer ink cartridges, Staples)
5) low tech information services-- newspaper, magazines, journals.
6) hi-tech information services-- portion of home internet, tablet data plan, internet subscriptions.
7) unreimbursed portion of education
8) unreimbursed mileage for meetings, continuing education, supply purchases.
9) union dues
10) business gifts to co-workers (holidays, greeting cards)
11) charity donations for dress down day & food drives
12) back support pillow
13) comfort shoes to protect your feet due to excessive standing
14) business meals where work was discussed with co-workers... lunch, break room donuts, coffe, snacks, dinner with co-worker.
15) if you deduct lunch, also deduct % of tupperware & lunch bag.
16) portion of personal cell phone -- after hours phone consultations with co-workers
17) professional memberships and dues
SHARE WITH A FRIEND. If you need any help... www.baboiancpa.com